Tuesday, January 12, 2010

covered letter tutorial


We can't paint where we live because we rent.
I'm all about color though so I can't stand it.

I decided to cover some letters in bright scrapbook papers and slap them on the wall.

What You'll Need:
• wooden letters (got mine at Hobby Lobby)
• bright, funky scrapbook paper (big enough so your letters can lay on it)
• mod podge
• bowl and brush (I forgot a brush so I just used a paint brush I had) for applying Mod Podge


1. Pick out which papers you want to use then lay them so the print side is facing down and white side is facing upward. Lay your first letter on the paper (make sure the right side of the letter is facing down too) and trace it. Do this for all of your letters but use a different paper for each letter!



2. Have a seat in front of the TV and cut out your letters.

3. Pour some Mod Podge out and start painting it onto the front of your letter, make sure the whole side is coated.



4. Carefully lay your cut out paper on top of the letter and gently go around the edges and press it down to make sure it all adheres. Set aside to dry. Do this for each letter.


5. Not sure how long it takes them to dry. I did 2 letters at a time then would come back after doing other things and they would be dry. I'm sure it tells on the back of the Mod Podge.

6. Hang them all funky-like on your wall and stare in admiration at how cute they are!

Don't stare in disgust at how hideous my ironing board cover is though. I desperately need to visit these ladies.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to give this a try! Those are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete